Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by in...@bureau-de-poste.net on 2021/02/01 19:30:33 UTC

errors in upgrade backup and import functionality ?

Hi,

I just updated to 5.1.0 from 5.0.3 and when I followed the upgrade guide
and clicked on the system backup button, nothing seemed to happen and I
couldn't find a backup that had been generated anywhere on the server!
But I had a funny named file in my downloads directory a
"notconfirmed+sting_of_numbers.crdownload" file. Is this the OM backup?

When I tried importing it on a test instance of OM 5.1.0 it threw an
error stating "configs.xml missing"

What to do?

Ed

Re: errors in upgrade backup and import functionality ?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ed,

if you prefer UI then
1) go to Admin -> Backup
2) click System Backup
wait for the file to be prepared and completely downloaded

(your "notconfirmed+sting_of_numbers.crdownload" is incomplete download)

Also please check your openmeetings.log
there might be some errors during backup (unfortunate)
Or maybe it was "Insufficient free disk space" on server ...

--
Best regards,
Maxim