Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Harden ZHU <ha...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/02/28 23:40:32 UTC

WSDL vs SOAP service

What is difference of web service(WSDL) and SOAP service? Are they same?
Deploy the web service in SOAP server is same as deploy soap service?

Thanks

Harden

Re: WSDL vs SOAP service

Posted by Harden ZHU <ha...@sympatico.ca>.
Sorry, I miss lead the question. I saw in apache soap samples there are some
*.wsdl files. How those files work with soap server? Thanks

Harden

Re: WSDL vs SOAP service

Posted by Harden ZHU <ha...@sympatico.ca>.

Posted by Jinghua Gu <eg...@cisco.com>.
When I run the following command, I got the error:

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient rcp-router-url list

Exception in thread "main" java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:
rcp-rout
er-url
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:473)
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:376)
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:330)
         at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java:216)

My soap web site is up and server is running.

Thanks,
Emily

error to run a installation command