Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com> on 2005/02/04 01:44:12 UTC

Re: how to get Spam Assassin to modify mail-headers in wanted ways.

At 07:27 PM 2/3/2005, Henrik wrote:
>I want the "X-Spam-Flag:" header to show either "yes" or "no" for spam
>resp. no-spam labeled emails, in all emails labeled as spam, there should
>be a full report in the email-header with the words that Spam Assassin
>reacted upon. In the present state Spam Assassin doesn't really label the
>emails at all. I'm adding the contents of my local.cf-file below. Note
>that with 2.6x, this local.cf configuration labeled all incoming emails as
>wanted.

if it labeled them all with a X-Spam-Flag header it was a bug..

>add_header              spam Flag _YESNO_

Right there you're explicitly telling it to only add a X-Spam-Flag header
to spam, and therefore, not add it to nonspam.

I suspect you want this instead:

add_header              all Flag _YESNO_

>auto_learn              1

replace that with bayes_auto_learn.

>always_add_headers      1
>spam_level_stars 1
>use_terse_report 1
>report_header 1
>detailed_phrase_score 1
>
>defang_mime 1

Please obliterate the above lines, they are all no longer valid. You've got
some very outdated options there... detailed_phrase_score became deprecated
with the release of version 2.50!

And be sure to run spamassassin --lint sometime, so you can see SA complain
about all the invalid options in your configfiles!

>rewrite_subject 0
>subject_tag

These two have been replaced with rewrite_header. See the UPGRADE docs:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.0/UPGRADE

Re: how to get Spam Assassin to modify mail-headers in wanted ways.

Posted by Henrik <li...@hypocrisy.nu>.
Henrik wrote:

> Thank you Matt,
>

> Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>>> spam_level_stars 1
>>

> So, if I want the spam_level_stars-function added in every incoming
> email, what should be written in the local.cf-file for this?

I searched the man-pages and got this for the star-labeling;

"add_header all Level _STARS(*)_"

> ..and what should I put in there to get the spam-word report to go
> inside the headers, folded and all, instead of in the messagebody?

And this for modifying the header instead of the body;

"report_safe             0"

Hope this will do the trick.

 / H

Re: how to get Spam Assassin to modify mail-headers in wanted ways.

Posted by Henrik <li...@hypocrisy.nu>.
Thank you Matt,

Matt Kettler wrote:

>> spam_level_stars 1

So, if I want the spam_level_stars-function added in every incoming
email, what should be written in the local.cf-file for this?

..and what should I put in there to get the spam-word report to go
inside the headers, folded and all, instead of in the messagebody?

>> subject_tag
>
> rewrite_subject 0
>
> These two have been replaced with rewrite_header. See the UPGRADE docs:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.0/UPGRADE

Just did, thanks.

 / H