Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/31 07:47:01 UTC

The magic phrase to auto-close the PR in github

Hi Mark,

> > On 10/08/2016 11:45, violetagg@apache.org wrote:
> > > Author: violetagg
> > > Date: Wed Aug 10 10:45:42 2016
> > > New Revision: 1755717

> > > Log:
> > > MBeans Descriptors How-To is moved to mbeans-descriptors-howto.html.
Patch provided by Radoslav Husar. This solves Github PR#33

> > The magic phrase to auto-close the PR is:

Will the magic phrase auto-close the PR when it is not against trunk?
https://github.com/apache/tomcat80/pull/6

Thanks a lot,
Violeta

Re: The magic phrase to auto-close the PR in github

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.

With "trunk" I meant Tomcat 9 repo https://github.com/apache/tomcat

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Violeta,

Both https://github.com/apache/tomcat and https://github.com/apache/tomcat80

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> mbeans-descriptors-howto.html.

> the
> > >
> > > With "trunk" I meant Tomcat 9 repo https://github.com/apache/tomcat
> > >
> > > Is it configured only for Tomcat 9?
> >
> > Currently it is only configured for Tomcat 9.
> >
> > > If yes should we ask the people to prepare the patches against Tomcat 9
> > > only or we can extend this integration for other Tomcat versions?
> >
> > Either is an option. Generally patches are applied to trunk and
> > back-ported but we can't prevent pull requests against earlier versions.
> >
> > I have no preference. What do others think?

3rd option: merge all GitHub repos into one.
Currently each SVN branch has its own GitHub repositoty.
Is there a reason for that ?
There could be just one GitHub repo with the same branches as in Apache SVN.
IMO this will simplify the things for the contributors too.

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.

> On 31/08/2016 08:47, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> > Hi Mark,

> > Patch provided by Radoslav Husar. This solves Github PR#33

> > Will the magic phrase auto-close the PR when it is not against trunk?
> > https://github.com/apache/tomcat80/pull/6
>
> GitHub integration is only configured for trunk. I can set it up for the
> other branches if that is what we want.

With "trunk" I meant Tomcat 9 repo https://github.com/apache/tomcat

Is it configured only for Tomcat 9?

If yes should we ask the people to prepare the patches against Tomcat 9
only or we can extend this integration for other Tomcat versions?

Sorry I was not clear in my previous message.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.