Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Cameron Hickey <ca...@panoramatos.com> on 2003/08/06 13:35:33 UTC

Tiles directory problems

Ok, so I have a tiles definition file with these two definitions:

<definition name=".list" path="/WEB-INF/jsp/list.jsp">
        <put name="title"  value="the list page" />
        <put name="body"   value="" />
</definition>

<definition name="PropertyType.list" extends=".list">
        <put name="body"   value="proptypelist.jsp" />
</definition>

when both files list.jsp and proptypelist.jsp are in the same folder
(/WEB-INF/jsp/), this will compile and load the page fine when called
from an action.

If I move the proptypelist.jsp file into a deeper directory, say
/WEB-INF/jsp/proptype/ and change the reference in the tiles-defs.xml to
either:

<definition name="PropertyType.list" extends=".list">
        <put name="body"   value="proptype/proptypelist.jsp" />
</definition>

or

<definition name="PropertyType.list" extends=".list">
        <put name="body"
value="/WEB-INF/jsp/proptype/proptypelist.jsp" />
</definition>

then when I try to access the file from an action it returns this error:

[ServletException in:/WEB-INF/jsp/proptype/proptypelist.jsp]
Unable to compile class for JSP An error occurred at line: -1

This error does not mean that it cannot find the file at all, because if
the file is completely removed, then no error is thrown at all, it just
displays a blank page.

Is there anyone who can see a problem with the code I am using?

In the .list template I had been using :
	<tiles:get name="body" />
but tried
	<tiles:insert attribute="body" />
and both produce the same error