Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Brady Johnson <Br...@roguewave.com> on 2007/11/02 21:41:01 UTC

RE: RE: Running CppCalculator

See my answers below:

Q: How often do subversion appear?
A: Imp not sure what you're asking here. If you're asking how often is subversion updated, then the subversion branch is the latest version of the code. As we make changes and commit them, they are commit directly to the subversion head. Lately the native code hasn't changed much, but hopefully in the near future I will start making several changes detailed here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/SCA+Native+Next+Release+Contents
The actual changes that will be made for M4 will be a subset of those mentioned on this page.

Q: What kind of modification was since the SCA Native Milestone release 3?
A: There have been no major behavioral changes since M3. The biggest change has been the addition of the ant build infrastructure, which allows cross-platform compilation with just one build infrastructure, as opposed to the current use of both VSExpress projects AND automake. There have been some more changes that open the APIs to allow TuscanySCA to be run in a container other than AXIS. You can look through the bug reports, called JIRA, that have been fixed since M3 here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY

Q: When will Tuscany SCA Native Release M4 appear?
A: We are preparing for the M4 release now. I'm not sure the timeframe, but it should be released in about a month or so.

Q: Why Unhandled exception with msvcr80.dll may be caused with?
A: Its hard to explain what might be causing this. The exception is Unhandled because the CppCalculator client only catches exceptions of type ServiceRuntimeException. Which makes me think that its not a TuscanySCA exception that's being thrown, but probably a crash of some sort. Unfortunately its hard to tell with C++ since there is no base class exception for all exceptions like there is in Java. The CppCalculator client can be seen here:
<TuscanySCASrcRoot>/samples/CppCalculator/sample.calculator.client/CalculatorClient.cpp.

I compiled the M3 version and ran the CppCalculator on Windows without problems. Have you also tried on Linux in case you have some issues with your Windows environment?

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Brady Johnson
Lead Software Developer - HydraSCA
Rogue Wave Software - brady.johnson@roguewave.com

What kind of modification was since the SCA Native Milestone release 3?
When will Tuscany SCA Native Release M4 appear?
Why Unhandled exception with msvcr80.dll may be caused with?

Thank you very much for you help.