Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/10 09:38:16 UTC

Proposed Track Details for Apachecon NA

Hi All

Pierre and I have been managing the OFBiz track for our community. We
have reviewed the OFBiz submissions and as requested have prepared a
provisional track. I've updated the wiki
https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee with the details.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Proposed Track Details for Apachecon NA

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, February 10, 2015, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 02/10/2015 09:14 AM, jan i wrote:
>

>> I agree with Rich, but before this turns into (once again) too many
>> variations over the same theme, can we agree on ONE common way to keep the
>> trakcs together.
>>
>> I am happy to be the one that coordinates and updates the track schedule
>> with input from all of you. But of course we can also do it the usual way
>> that everybody does everyrhing.
>>
>> just my 2ct.
>> rgds
>> jan i
>>
>> ps. Do not misunderstand me, you guys (including Ross) does a brilliant
>> job
>> in track building, I justthink we need some coordination. Rick will surely
>> tell me if I interfere wongly in the process.
>>
>>  >

> C. Craig Ross <cc...@linuxfoundation.org> is maintaining the One True
> Spreadsheet, because he's going to be the one that does the final online
> schedule, printed schedule, speaker notifications, and so on. He has shared
> that spreadsheet with me, and can also share it with you if you like, but
> I'm not making any edits there - just funneling information to Craig.

he has shared with me as well, but I agree with you, no edits just tunnel
information. I need it for TAC later to schedule which applicants cover
which talks.

> I would like to have something more efficient, more interractive, and
> easier to use, but I don't want to end up with the fiasco and confusion
> that we've had for the last two events.

+1 no 3 day total stress this time please.

> I'm open to any suggestion, but we need to be sure that we keep Craig in
> the loop for any decisions in this area, since he is ultimately responsible
> for session scheduling for this event, and we don't want to further
> complicate things.

+1, let us follow the riad of letting Craig do the work.

we just need to find a way of how to get all the tracks scheduled not in
the hands of you, pierre and ross. And not forgetting accepting/rejecting
all these talks, which is something I supoose Craig will have a hard time
doing.

rgds
jan i

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rich

CFP URLs have been added.

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 10 February 2015 at 09:38, Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Pierre and I have been managing the OFBiz track for our community. We have
> reviewed the OFBiz submissions and as requested have prepared a provisional
> track. I've updated the wiki
> https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee with the
> details.

Looks quite good to me, thanks for the work.

rgds
jan i.