Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Bogdan Daniliuc <bd...@montran.ro> on 2004/07/26 19:36:48 UTC

ResultSet not closed

  Hi all,

  What does the following message mean:

[Finalizer thread] accesslayer.ResultSetAndStatement - ** Associated resources
(Statement/ResultSet) not closed! Try automatic cleanup ** ??

  We are having a class hierarchy with 3 classes. Class A has a 1-n
relationship with itself (parent-child relationship), a m-n relationship with
class B and a 1-n relationship with class C. Class B has a 1-n relationship
with class C.
  In the descriptor repository, for class A:
  - the collection-descriptor for A  is marked as auto-update="true"
  - the collection descriptor for B is marked as auto-update="link"
  - the collection descriptor for C is marked as auto-update="none"
  For class B:
  - the collection descriptor for A is marked as auto-update="link"
  For class C:
  - the collection descriptor for A is marked as auto-update="link"
  - the collection descriptor for B is marked as auto-update="link"

  At one point we have to take the list  of element A from B, remove one
element (A1) and add another(A2), take all children of A1 and move them to A2,
then take all elements C that used A1 and change then to use A2.
  Please note, that we do all these operations in a single transaction. In
logs the following message appears:
[Finalizer thread] accesslayer.ResultSetAndStatement - ** Associated resources
(Statement/ResultSet) not closed! Try automatic cleanup **

  If we repeat the operation several times, not all objects are stored in the
database.

  We are using OJB 1.0

  Regards,

  Bogdan

Re: ResultSet not closed

Posted by Bogdan Daniliuc <bd...@montran.ro>.
  After several more tests with Oracle 9i and Microsoft SQL server we
discovered that this happends with Oracle platform (oci8 or thin). Currently
the code seems to work ok with SQL server.

  Regards,

  Bogdan