Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Dmitry Sivachenko <tr...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 16:08:45 UTC

Porting Hadoop to FreeBSD

Hello,

I am trying to make hadoop usable on FreeBSD OS.  Following Steve Loughran's suggestion, I created HADOOP-10796 to accumulate links to other issues related to this subject.
I added links to (almost) all patches needed to achieve this goal.  Right now I have a small cluster running Hadoop-2.4.1 on FreeBSD and passing basic tests (TeraSort mainly).

I am looking forward for cooperation with you to include all relevant changes into hadoop distribution.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are not satisfied with the proposed solutions.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Porting Hadoop to FreeBSD

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@alumni.cmu.edu>.
Thanks for working on this, Dmitry.  It's good to see Hadoop support
another platform.  The code changes look pretty minor, too.

best,
Colin