Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2004/07/06 14:33:26 UTC

plugin:setup/plugin:remove to replace plugin:install/plugin:uninstall

I propose that we rename (And deprecate the old) plugin:install/uninstall to
plugin:setup and plugin:remove
respectively.
This would pave the way to later rename plugin:repository-* to just plugin:* and
bring it in line with other artifact based plugins, and m2.

plugin:install-now and plugin:uninstall-now should be removed and become
implicit in the installation process (these goals install into the executing Maven)

Additionally, a mode parameter should be introduced that installs to either
"global", or "user". Global is maven.plugin.dir - ie the maven installation, use
is maven.plugin.user.dir - ie ~/.maven/plugins

Cheers,
Brett

Re: plugin:setup/plugin:remove to replace plugin:install/plugin:uninstall

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
+1.