Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tony Vieitez <to...@responsauk.co.uk> on 2003/12/09 09:48:53 UTC

Using two XML Parsers!

Hi all

I have a bit of a problem! I want to use Xerces with axis but I am
restricted in that I have a web application running on my web server
that is reliant on an old parser (nasty I know), and axis will not run
with this parser.

So here is what I would like to find out - is it possible to configure a
web server to use two XML parsers, one for one web app and another for
another web app. What I have at the moment is the old parser is loaded
from a jar from the common/lib directory. All I need to do is load
another parser for use with Axis and make it local to this web app,
whilst having the other parser load normally.

This isn't a very clear question I know, but any information on any
topic that might be of help or may be related would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks

Tony