Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/03 13:48:03 UTC

Re: servicemix-file poller & async suppor

No reason afaik.  It should be done with async instead.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: servicemix-file poller & async suppo

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
No reasons, the only reason would be if we have transactions in smx3,
but it's difficult given it's file and ftp.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:13 PM, rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Once async is supported, is there any reason to maintain the synchronous
> version?
>
> - Ron
>

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> No reason afaik.  It should be done with async instead.
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Is there a reason why the servicemix-file poller currently only supports
>>> sending message exchanges synchronously? If not, then I will open a JIRA
>>> to implement async support and make sync/async behavior configurable.
>>>
>>> - Ron
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Btw, the same thing holds for servicemix-ftp which also uses sendSync.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.