Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Tamas Kerecsen <ke...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/21 18:06:22 UTC

Looking for stable log4cxx version

Dear Log4cxx crew,

We are about to start using log4cxx on a project, but we are somewhat
concerned that there is no stable, released version available. I read the
note on the homepage saying that the previous release is not to be used, and
the CVS version is preferred. Is the current CVS head completely stable?
Could there be serious bug is it due to day-to-day checkins? Is there a
known good version?

Also, does anyone know when the next release is coming? I looked at the bug
tracking the missing fixes/features, and it doesn't look like there has been
much progress lately. Would it be possible to re-evaluate that list and
issue a preliminary release without resolving them? It has been more than a
year since the previous version, and large projects are extremely hesitant
to use any unreleased code versions from CVS heads :(

Thanks,
  Tamas