Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mark Badorrek <Ma...@osr.nsw.gov.au> on 2008/11/14 01:57:51 UTC

Simultaneous PageFlowScopes

I have an application where that has the following characteristics.
1. A user logs in once and therefore has a single session (nothing special here).
2. The application now launches two frames (both from the same session).

The problem is that if I use the pageflowscope to manage page interactions I run into a nasty issue. A pageflowscope is essentially a map that has a fixed sise (defaulted to 20). If a user selects frame 'two' and performs more than 20 clicks, then the pageflowscope for the frame 'one' is gone and if the user then clicks in frame 'one', then the view cannot be restored and all is bad.

If I cheat and configure trinidad to have a *really* large pageflowmap, then this problem is masked. There is however an awful side effect - tremendous amounts of memory are wasted storing useless views just so the last active view/pageflowscope for frame 'one' doesn't age out of the pageflowmap. The amount of memory that I need to use can just get silly as the user can click around for (say) an hour in frame two, before returning to frame one and accessing a *very* old pageflowscope instance.

Is there a way to have two simultaneous pageflowscopes / pageflowmaps running in a session? Is there another tricky solution?
I have to use some sort of pageflowscope solution as both frames use many of the same pages and objects and they obviously have to be kept separate.

Many thanks,

MarkB

The information in this e-mail is intended for the named recipient only.
It may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute, take any action or reliance on it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

Warning: E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.