Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kr...@aol.com on 2017/05/10 15:54:00 UTC

Solr 6.5.0 sql select * issue because of invalid "score" field?

Hello,

Running solr 6.5.0

I have a collection called TestIndex with a schema that has a few fields that are all, among other things, set up as docValues fields so I can perform unlimited sql queries against the collection.

After ingesting 10 documents I try to use the Solr admin UI to perform an sql query for selecting all the data and have it streamed back.

The following is the error I get from Solr when trying to execute my query:

{
"result-set":{
"docs":[{
"EXCEPTION":"Failed to execute sqlQuery 'select * from TestIndex' against JDBC connection 'jdbc:calcitesolr:'.\nError while executing SQL \"select * from TestIndex\": java.io.IOException: score is not a valid field for unlimited queries.",
"EOF":true,
"RESPONSE_TIME":329}]}}

The thing is that my collection does not have a "score" field in it. From googling around it would seem I get score field by default from solr, but my reading would suggest that I should only get this if I requested it in my query (which I did not do).

Is this a bug, or is it expected that I should be setting up some configuration someplace to specify that I do not want score to be returned in my sql query? If this is not a bug how am I supposed to do a very simple "select * from ..." sql query if solr is going to automatically include a score field that is not valid for unlimited queries?

Thanks