Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2022/02/07 14:14:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.0.2

Proposing the test build of Cassandra 4.0.2 for release.

sha1: 25012d2fec1984cc9c1a352f214eb912ca4f10f5

Git:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/4.0.2-tentative

Maven Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-1255/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-all/4.0.2/

The Source and Build Artifacts, and the Debian and RPM packages and
repositories, are available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cassandra/4.0.2/

The vote will be open for 72 hours (longer if needed). Everyone who has
tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members are considered
binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and no -1's.

[1]: CHANGES.txt:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.0.2-tentative
[2]: NEWS.txt:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.0.2-tentative

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.0.2

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
+1. Smoke tested debs and rpms, unit tests passed.

Posted by Dorian ROSSE <do...@hotmail.fr>.
cqlsh doesn't success to run, when i launch cqlsh.py the error is the firewall doesn't allow cqlsh
________________________________
Could you elaborate what exactly went wrong so we could asses and potentially fix the build?

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022, at 9:50 PM, Dorian ROSSE wrote:
-1 I don't success to install apache cassandra

________________________________

Posted by Alex Petrov <al...@coffeenco.de>.

Posted by Yifan Cai <yc...@gmail.com>.
+1 on the release

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.
+0nb

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
+1

Checked
- signing correct
- checksums are correct
- source artefact builds
- binary artefact runs
- debian package runs
- redhat package runs

( used https://github.com/apache/cassandra-builds/pull/32 )

Posted by Marcus Eriksson <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

[RESULT]VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.0.2

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

> The vote will be open for 72 hours (longer if needed). Everyone who has
> tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members are considered
> binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and no -1's.

Vote passes.
Five +1 binding.
Two +1 non-binding.
One +0 non-binding.
Two -1 non-binding.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.0.2

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@apache.org>.
+1 on the release

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Joshua McKenzie <jm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

> Where we said:
> "All releases by default are expected to have a green test run on
> ci-cassandra.apache.org Jenkins. In exceptional circumstances (security
> incidents, data loss, etc requiring hotfix), members with binding votes
> on a release may choose to approve a release with known failing tests.”

CI results:
https://ci-cassandra.apache.org/job/Cassandra-4.0/328/
https://nightlies.apache.org/cassandra/ci-cassandra.apache.org/job/Cassandra-4.0/328/

https://nightlies.apache.org/cassandra/Cassandra-4.0/328/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.0.2

Posted by Jeremiah D Jordan <je...@gmail.com>.
-1 nb

So we just voted on an approved the CI process page recently:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=199530280 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=199530280>

"All releases by default are expected to have a green test run on ci-cassandra.apache.org Jenkins. In exceptional circumstances (security incidents, data loss, etc requiring hotfix), members with binding votes on a release may choose to approve a release with known failing tests.”