Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/14 00:39:26 UTC

Checksums are missing on newly uploaded artifacts

In 1.3.x, when you upload an artifact using the web form and view it
immediately after, there are no checksums in the repository.

This causes build failures:

WARNING] Unable to get resource 'xxx' from repository central
(http://repo.example.com/archiva/repository/all/): Error retrieving
checksum file for xxx.jar

How is it currently implemented?  Are the checksums being created as
fast as possible, or does it assume the 'create missing checksums'
consumer is turned on and it will happen on the next repo scan? (or
something else?)

Wendy

Re: Checksums are missing on newly uploaded artifacts

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
If the creation consumer is enabled, the action doesn't create the checksums since previously they were overwriting each other. It is queued to be created immediately, but if there's an existing queue it might take some time. Perhaps there's another issue with it that we haven't seen.

I'm not exactly sure why it was done that way instead of creating the checksums before queueing (in which case they'll just get done twice, but not a big deal). Maybe others know?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org