Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shyamal Shah <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/27 20:11:31 UTC

"No Name Specified" Error

Hi,
   I am trying to load arraylist values into select box on my JSP page. It somehow doesnt work and everytime throws "No name specified" error. I know it happened to someone some time back but couldnt find answer in archive. Can someone pls tell me what would be the resolution?

In my action class I'm doing following:

  session = request.getSession();
  java.util.ArrayList regionArr = new java.util.ArrayList();
  regionArr.add("-All-");
  regionArr.add("1");
  regionArr.add("2");
  regionArr.add("3");
  regionArr.add("4");
  regionArr.add("5");

  session.setAttribute("RegionList",regionArr);

And in my JSP , I have following code..

where is it going wrong? someone suggested to use toArray() on array list in action class while setting the session object but that also is not of any help. I'll appriciate any suggestions..

Thanks,

Re: "No Name Specified" Error

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rs...@email.arizona.edu>.
Hey nice job! Now I just learned something new too.

Re: "No Name Specified" Error

Re: "No Name Specified" Error

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rs...@email.arizona.edu>.
Well the difference is that I'm putting objects into my arraylist, not
strings. So for my DTOs, I have something like this:

Action:
List userList = UserDAO.getAllUsers();

Re: "No Name Specified" Error

Posted by Shyamal Shah <sh...@hotmail.com>.