Posted to user@hive.apache.org by P lva <ru...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/28 20:09:19 UTC

Hive + Flume

Hi,

I'm have a flume stream that stores data in a directory which is source for
an external table in hive.
However flume creates tmp file that cannot be read by hive and query
breaks.
Is there any way to avoid hive reading this tmp file ?

Thanks

Re: Hive + Flume

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.
if you can configure flume to create temporary files that start with an
underscore (_) i believe hive will safely ignore them. otherwise you have
write a script to move them out.