Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com> on 2002/10/22 15:07:30 UTC

[Digester] Version?

Which version of Digester is struts (1.1b1) using? Can I upgrade this to the
current version or is the current version included with struts 1.1b2?

Ive just discovered that this version doesnt have half the stuff Ive been
making notes about and I have to use the deprecated methods that I ignored
when I was reading up on it! :-(

Re: [Digester] Version?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Andrew Hill wrote:

> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:07:30 +0800
> From: Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>
> Subject: [Digester] Version?
>
> Which version of Digester is struts (1.1b1) using? Can I upgrade this to the
> current version or is the current version included with struts 1.1b2?

Struts 1.1b1 used whatever version of Digester was current when it came
out (in January), which is probably at least a couple of revs out of date.

> Ive just discovered that this version doesnt have half the stuff Ive been
> making notes about and I have to use the deprecated methods that I ignored
> when I was reading up on it! :-(

I suspect you'll have problems just dumpting the JARs in, but it would
work if you recompiled Struts 1.1b1 against the new Digester classes.

Craig