Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com> on 2013/03/23 04:24:02 UTC

graceful exception handling - user interface

Hi Folks,

Well I am about to embark on going public with a hockey league web site and I wanted to reformat these intimidating (well not for developers) for end-users... stack traces when an exception occurs. And its nice to be able to use tapestry in such a fashionable way now and the supported frameworks. Nice Job... well done. Its come a  long way since the version 3. I hope it will fair another decade or two (could sure use some feedback on that topic of longevity... will tapestry be around 20 years from now ? ) Java guys need to stick together.

I had a couple questions
Do any of these exceptions require the web server to be rebooted? I guess I am wondering if there are certain crashes in tapestry that would warrant a reboot of the webserver, restart of the webapp... or even a reboot of the operating system. None I hope but I had to ask.Is there a user interface available that will present these exceptions in a nice friendly format for the end-user? Maybe an optional dialogue instead of the whole page being taken out.

Re: graceful exception handling - user interface

Posted by Bryan Lewis <jb...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like this might be helpful:
http://tapestry.apache.org/overriding-exception-reporting.html

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.