Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John Chia <jo...@ni.yi.org> on 2000/06/05 05:01:31 UTC

Mason/mod_perl failing with threaded perl

I'm getting an error (as follows) when I try to reload a mason page (any
mason page) more than a dozen times.

System error

while serving host (blah blah)
Can't upgrade that kind of scalar at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 498.

The error disappears temporarily if I restart apache but reappears after
another dozen or so refreshes.  The line is a call to mod_perl's flist
function...

I've since upgraded to perl-5.6.0 and disabled threads.  It works now.
Don't know anymore about it.  Just thought someone might like to know.

-john

Re: Mason/mod_perl failing with threaded perl

Posted by brian moseley <ix...@maz.org>.
On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, John Chia wrote:

> I've since upgraded to perl-5.6.0 and disabled threads.
> It works now. Don't know anymore about it.  Just thought
> someone might like to know.

same thing's happening to me, with perl 5.6 and threads. ill
just go ahead and rebuild without threads. such heartache!