Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/09/26 08:41:10 UTC

Building jars for the candidate Xalan-J 2.7.1

Gary,
I'd suggest you download the candiate with a subversion client. On the
command line it would be this:
      svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/java/tags/xalan-j_2_7_1
and it will be extracted into the directory xalan-j_2_7_1 on your machine
(relative to where you issued that command).

With a java compiler setup on the path you should be able to go into that
directory (xalan-j_2_7_1) and issue these commands:
      build xsltc.jar
      build serialier.jar
      build

You should find in the xalan-j_2_7_1/build directory the following jar
files:
      xsltc.jar
      serializer.jar
      xalan.jar

Put them on your classpath. Though if you are using JRE 1.4 or up you will
want to put them in an endorsed directory to over-ride the fact that these
classes are probably in the JRE.

- Brian

             Gary Gregory
             <ggregory@seagull
             software.com>                                              To
                                       Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA,
             09/25/2007 07:39          "xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org"
             PM                        <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Regression tests about to start
                                       on Apache Xalan-J 2.7.1

Hello All:

Where can I download a nightly build or release candidate for Xalan-J
2.7.1? I urgently need to test the fix for
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2371 in our test bed.

Thank You,
Gary Gregory
Seagull Software
--

>From    Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Regression tests about to start on Apache Xalan-J 2.7.1
Date    Fri, 21 Sep 2007 22:12:07 GMT

The code for the Apache Xalan-J 2.7.1 release is now frozen.  It is in
subversion at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/as/xalan/java/tags/xalan-j_2_7_1

The last minute JIRA issues that got fixed and made it in were:
      XALANJ-2206
      XALANJ-2395
      XALANJ-1243

Yash Talwar has volunteered to do the regression testing, possibly over
this weekend (THANKS YASH!)

Assuming all goes well we can update the mirrors sites with the release,
and update the website.

Keep your fingers crossed.

- Brian
Brian Minchau, Apache Xalan PMC Member