Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gurumurthy R <gu...@rediffmail.com> on 2001/10/02 09:07:55 UTC

Action Bean Not linking..

Hi all,

This is related to action trigger event in the .vm file.

1. create a login.vm file with a text field and a submit button

<form method=post action="$link.setPage("show.vm").setAction("Show")")>

2. when the button is pressed after typing any text, then another file show.vm will be called.

show.vm contains,

$student.setName("*")
Hi, you are $student.name

The steps I did was:

a. I created a bean (ShowBean.java) with setName() and getName()method in /WEB-INF/actions directory
b. I created a Show.java file where I added:
  context.put("student",new ShowBean())
c. I "ant init" successfully.
d. I started the catalina server successfully
e. I now give the url: I get the login.vm screen\
f. I type the name and press the button, here I get "error"

pl. clarify why?

guru