Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Ariandne (Rida) Ligurs" <al...@webplan.com> on 2001/02/12 20:13:50 UTC

Apache SOAP vs. HTTP servlet

I want to exchange XML messages as SOAP documents over HTTP.  I don't think
I need any of the data type encoding features.

What are the advantages of using the Apache SOAP server and writing a
service class, over  writing a simple http servlet that accepts SOAP
documents?  As mentioned in one of my previous postings, message exchange
with BizTalk is a requirement.

Does Apache SOAP offer anything else that I would need for this type of
application?

The reason I'm asking this is because I need a servlet to manage a pool of
resources for the services receiving the SOAP documents.