Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net> on 2004/12/19 02:35:06 UTC

"--max-conn-per-child=5" allows spam leakage

I ran with this configured into my spamd startup incantation. I noticed
about 6 out of 200 spams would "leak" right through without any Spam
markings whatsoever. If I subsequently fed them to "spamassassin -t <foo",
"spamc <foo", or even "procmail <foo" they were checked and received high
scores. I do not run with automatic whitelist or bayes training. I am
running 3.0.2, although I noticed this with 3.0.1, first. I took that
incantation out last night after two spams leaked in a row about 5 minutes
apart. I've seen no leakage since.

{^_^}

Re: "--max-conn-per-child=5" allows spam leakage

Posted by Florian Effenberger <fl...@arcor.de>.
Hi,

> I ran with this configured into my spamd startup incantation. I noticed
> about 6 out of 200 spams would "leak" right through without any Spam
> markings whatsoever. If I subsequently fed them to "spamassassin -t <foo",
> "spamc <foo", or even "procmail <foo" they were checked and received high
> scores. I do not run with automatic whitelist or bayes training. I am
> running 3.0.2, although I noticed this with 3.0.1, first. I took that
> incantation out last night after two spams leaked in a row about 5 minutes
> apart. I've seen no leakage since.

could you please check whether it only has "low" scores or it did
receive absolutely no score?

Do you run using amavisd-new?

Thanks
Florian