Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mark Horton <ma...@nostromo.net> on 2019/01/06 17:00:28 UTC

message ordering within a transaction

I was curious if re-ordering is possible within a transaction? Let's
say a KafkaProducer sends 1000 messages to a single partition within a
single transaction, and the total size causes more than 1 batch to be
sent to the broker. If, for some reason, one of the batches is lost
and resent, is it possible this will cause messages to be re-ordered
within the transaction?

Mark

Re: message ordering within a transaction

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
For this case no reordering will occur, but the original send order will
be preserved.

This is even true without transactions if you use idempotent producer.

-Matthias