Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/03 07:26:12 UTC

[VOTE] Apache BookKeeper Release 4.6.2, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 4.6.2,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* Release notes [1]
* The official Apache source and binary distributions to be deployed to
dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3]
* Source code tag "release-4.6.2" [4] with git sha
70c613f1700d4c19e36c10b5b51e841b138569fb

BookKeeper's KEYS file contains PGP keys we used to sign this release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bookkeeper/KEYS

Please download these packages and review this release candidate:

- Review release notes
- Download the source package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to build and run the bookkeeper service.
- Download the binary package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to run the bookkeeper service.
- Review maven repo, release tag, licenses, and any other things you think
it is important to a release.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Enrico Olivelli

[1] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/1297/
[2]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.6.2-rc1/
[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-1025/
[4] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/commits/release-4.6.2

Re: [VOTE] Apache BookKeeper Release 4.6.2, release candidate #1

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 12:48 PM, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We found an issue and this is the fix
> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/1312
>
> Will send a new RC as soon as the patch is merged to branch-4.6

Taking a look.

-Ivan

Re: [VOTE] Apache BookKeeper Release 4.6.2, release candidate #1

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
We found an issue and this is the fix
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/1312

Will send a new RC as soon as the patch is merged to branch-4.6

Enrico

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
> I cannot check on the 4.6.0 one because we are only keeping the latest
> version on dist.apache.org

archive.apache.org has older releases.

-Ivan

Re: [VOTE] Apache BookKeeper Release 4.6.2, release candidate #1

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
Hey Enrico,