Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Samaneh Shokuhi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/05 23:30:02 UTC

hadoop log files

Hi,
I have modifed source code in hadoop mapreduce project in particular
MapTask.java file ,added some logs to trace the code while running hadoop
.I can see in the branch-1 / logs folder there are some log files for
jobTracker ,namenode ,datanode and etc .
Where can i see my logs that i added to different part of the source code
like MapTask.java file ?

Cheers,
Samaneh

Re: hadoop log files

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
First, I encourage making modifications (for features or for bug
fixes) on trunk, and not on a maintenance branch.

MapTask.java runs as part of the spawned Task/Container JVMs, and
hence you need to look at the Task's userlogs (syslogs, stderr,
stdout) to find its new output.

--
Harsh J