Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2006/07/25 16:30:23 UTC

[1.4] Towards a 1.4 release: Status

Hi Lenya devs,

here's a status update for 1.4.

Done - thanks to all who were involved
====

- move Xopus code to module - thanks to Jonathan Addison
- resource module added - thanks to Thorsten
- changed usecase policy to reject-by-default
- test build process refactored
- test documentation added
- module build process refactored
- arbitrary, configurable meta data introduced

Work in Progress
================

- move all unpublished code to src/impl or to unpublished modules
   to minimize the risk of breaking backwards compatibility
- move Kupu code to module
- move tests to modules

ToDo
====

- integrate resource module with BXE and Kupu
- remove to-be-obsolete Resource class
- add documentation about the module concept
- add documentation for specific modules
- remove stray code from the core (or move it to modules)

To be Decided
=============

- introduce UUIDs?
- observation support (indexing of documents)?

Feel free to add your comments.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: [1.4] Towards a 1.4 release: Status

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Doug Chestnut wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> A minor issue:
>>> I started to migrate some simple enhancements concerning the form based
>>> editor in 1.2.x to 1.4.
>>> I have detected quite a few bugs and started to fix them. However before
>>> continuing I would like ask whether we should keep the form based editor
>>> (as a core-module)?
>
>> I would think that it would be a module in the modules directory just as
>> bxe or kupu.
>
> ATM the form-based editors are in modules-core/editors, but it's fine
> with me to move them to modules/. IMO they do not really belong to the
> core.

Ok, if there is no objection i will move it to modules/ (and check in the
bugfixes).

Jann

Re: [1.4] Towards a 1.4 release: Status

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

[...]

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Jann Forrer wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>
>> here's a status update for 1.4.
>>

>> Done - thanks to all who were involved
>> ====
>>
>> - move Xopus code to module - thanks to Jonathan Addison
>> - resource module added - thanks to Thorsten
>> - changed usecase policy to reject-by-default
>> - test build process refactored
>> - test documentation added
>> - module build process refactored
>> - arbitrary, configurable meta data introduced
>>

>> Work in Progress
>> ================
>>
>> - move all unpublished code to src/impl or to unpublished modules
>>   to minimize the risk of breaking backwards compatibility
>> - move Kupu code to module
>> - move tests to modules
>>

>> ToDo
>> ====
>>
>> - integrate resource module with BXE and Kupu
>> - remove to-be-obsolete Resource class
>> - add documentation about the module concept
>> - add documentation for specific modules
>> - remove stray code from the core (or move it to modules)
>>
> I would add testing and bug fixing as a todo
>

>> To be Decided
>> =============
>>
>> - introduce UUIDs?
>> - observation support (indexing of documents)?
>
> Is the jcr integration postponed to a next release?
>
> A minor issue:
> I started to migrate some simple enhancements concerning the form based
> editor in 1.2.x to 1.4.
> I have detected quite a few bugs and started to fix them. However before
> continuing I would like ask whether we should keep the form based editor
> (as a core-module)?
I would think that it would be a module in the modules directory just as
bxe or kupu.

--Doug

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Jann Forrer wrote:
>> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> To be Decided
>>> =============
>>>
>>> - introduce UUIDs?
>>> - observation support (indexing of documents)?
>
>> Is the jcr integration postponed to a next release?
>
> We have a kind-of JCR integration, you can store your content
> in a JCR repository. IMO it would be too complex to extend the
> integration for 1.4 (e.g., using JCR versioning and transactions),
> because that would require major changes to the architecture.

Make sense to me. I think it is quite important to finally get a Version
1.4 released.

Jann

Re: [1.4] Towards a 1.4 release: Status

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.