Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Dilshan Edirisuriya <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/27 17:22:53 UTC

New to woden

Hi,

I have several years of experience in JavaEE technology and currently
reading my masters in the final year. I went through your project. I would
like to contribute to Woden project. Please provide some guidelines to start
off with the project. Help is appriciated.

Thank you.

Re: New to woden

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Arthur,

I forgot about your Ant task. Sorry.

Lawrence

From:
Arthur Ryman <ar...@gmail.com>
To:
woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:
10/30/2009 12:48 PM
Re: New to woden

Lawrence,

I contributed an Ant task several years ago to validate WSDL 2.0 using
Woden so that we could automate our unit testing and the W3C test suite.
What changes do you think are needed?

-- Arthur

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>
wrote:

As an extension of WODEN-223, I'd like to see an Ant task that validates
WSDL 2.0 documents. I wrote an Ant task a few years ago for validating
WSDL 1.1 documents using the WSDL validator I contributed to the Eclipse
Web Tools Platform project [1]. As I recall we do have some work to do to
beef up the Woden validator before this task would be very useful.

[1] http://ant.apache.org/external.html#WSDLValidate

Lawrence

From:
Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>
To:
woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:
10/28/2009 12:58 PM
Re: New to woden

Hi  Dilshan,

Yes , Woden 223 is a good point to get start. Few weeks ago I created
a Maven plug-in for Woden  WSDL converter but dint have time for look
at the Ant task.

The basic objective of  Woden 223 is to create a Ant task to invoke
WSDL converter tool . As references please read the Woden user guide
[1] and this blog post [2] .

Please create a JIRA user account for you from here [3] and feel free
to add comments/question on Woden- 223 JIRA page, that's the ideal
place to have this discussion. Once you have codes to upload please
attach them as patches and I'm happy to review and commit them . Also
don't forget to add  "Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works"
option for any attachments.

[1] - http://ws.apache.org/woden/userguide.html
[2] -
http://ssagara.blogspot.com/2009/01/converting-wsdl11-to-wsdl20-using-woden.html

[3] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/Woden
[4] - http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html

Thanks ,

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web - http://people.apache.org/~sagara/

Re: New to woden

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ar...@gmail.com>.
Lawrence,

Re: New to woden

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.

From:
Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>
To:
woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:

Re: New to woden

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Dilshan,

Re: New to woden

Re: New to woden

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dilshan ,

Nice to hear about your interest ! One way to get start is Woden JIRA
issue page  , please see the Woden JIRA  here[1] . You can take any
issues from JIRA and possible to provide patches for them. Reading
woden development processes [2] also an important step.

[1] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/Woden
[2]-  http://ws.apache.org/woden/dev/devprocess.html

Thanks,