Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Marc DECUGIS <md...@mds-design.fr> on 2001/12/21 07:45:17 UTC

Filesystem based store for structure

We have written a file descriptor store for slide.

It's based on the Remy's MemoryDescriptorsStore, but instead of using
a hashtable for each kind of attributes (permissions,locks,...),
we defined a hashtable of "UriProperties".

UriProperties encapsulates :
        object
        permissions
        locks
        revisionDescriptors,...
and is store in XML format with JDOM.

We've tested it with :
        DAVExplorer 0.80
        Mac OS X (work for drag and drop, folder creation).

We are testing it in our application.
The slide configuration file slide.def we use :
slide.def

    <store name="Fichiers">
      <lockstore>
        <reference store="nodestore" />
      </lockstore>
      <nodestore classname="slidestore.file.XMLMemDescriptorsStore">
        <parameter name="rootpath">/TestsWebDAV</parameter>
      </nodestore>
      <securitystore>
        <reference store="nodestore" />
      </securitystore>
      <revisiondescriptorsstore>
        <reference store="nodestore" />
      </revisiondescriptorsstore>
      <revisiondescriptorstore>
        <reference store="nodestore" />
      </revisiondescriptorstore>
      <contentstore classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore">
        <parameter name="rootpath">/TestsWebDAV/contentstore</parameter>
        <parameter name="resetBeforeStarting">false</parameter>
      </contentstore>
    </store>

--
Marc DECUGIS, Modelisation Design Simulation
e-mail: mdecugis@mds-design.fr

Re: Filesystem based store for structure

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
21.12.2001 07:45:17, Marc DECUGIS <md...@mds-design.fr> wrote:

>We have written a file descriptor store for slide.
[snip]
>      <nodestore classname="slidestore.file.XMLMemDescriptorsStore">
[snip]

Humble question:
If it's a filesystem-based store, why is it called
XMLMemDescriptorsStore (assuming 'Mem' is short for 'Memory') ?
Wouldn't XMLDescriptorsStore or XMLFileDescriptorsStore be more
appropriate ?

-chris
cmlenz at gmx.de