Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by swaroopa kadam <sw...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/14 17:24:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.14.3 RC2

Hello Everyone,

This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.14.3 RC2. This is a patch
release of Phoenix 4.14 and is compatible with Apache HBase 1.3 and
1.4. The release includes both a source-only release and a convenience
binary
release for each supported HBase version.

This release includes critical bug fixes and improvements for secondary
indexes -- making them self-consistent.

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.14.3-HBase-1.3-rc2/src/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.14.3-HBase-1.4-rc2/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.14.3-HBase-1.3-rc2/bin/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.14.3-HBase-1.4-rc2/bin/

For a complete list of changes, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315120&version=12345601

Artifacts are signed with my "CODE SIGNING KEY": 48B7807D95F127B5

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/KEYS

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=e2993552dc88cb7fc59fc0dfdaa2876ac260886c

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=eb5424573bd2f5f247a61d1a28da81fb92f06ec6

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and the reason why)

Thanks,
The Apache Phoenix Team

--

Swaroopa Kadam
[image: https://]about.me/swaroopa_kadam

Re: Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.14.3 RC2

Posted by swaroopa kadam <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Cheng, for your reply.

How important is it use gnu-tar in this process?
Release documentation doesn’t provide enough information on this.

Do we really need RC3 for this?

Thanks.

Posted by swaroopa kadam <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for the votes and special thanks to Geoffrey for the
continued guidance.

The vote is now closed and passes with
4 binding +1s,
4 non-binding +1,
1 binding -1 (unable to untar src tars with some versions of GNU and
WinRAR, works fine with 1.14 + and 5.5+ respectively),
no 0 votes.

I will work on releasing the jars.

Thank you.

Posted by Geoffrey Jacoby <gj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoffrey Jacoby <gj...@apache.org>.
So, to sum up:

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "chenglei@apache.org" <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geoffrey Jacoby <gj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoffrey Jacoby <gj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geoffrey Jacoby <gj...@apache.org>.

Posted by swaroopa kadam <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all who voted.

Posted by Karan Mehta <ka...@apache.org>.
+1
mvn clean install -DskipTests
mvn test

Posted by "chenglei@apache.org" <ch...@apache.org>.
-1,

Posted by xinyi yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

mvn clean install -DskipTests
mvn test
used jar(built from source) and ran sqlline with a few queries on my local
environment.

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <tw...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Vincent Poon <vi...@apache.org>.