Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Isra Hernández <is...@yahoo.com.mx> on 2005/05/11 23:23:32 UTC

Problems with LotusNotes

Hi
I need help for this problem:
if I send messages to Lotus Notes via hotmail(for example), the attached files appear in the bottom, but if I use JAMES to deliver the email to Lotus Notes the attached files appear in the top of mail instead of the bottom and I need that they appear in the bottom.

Does I need to change some configuration in the config.xml? or what can I do?

Yahoo! Net: La mejor conexión a internet y 2GB en tu buzón de Correo Yahoo! por $100 al mes.

Re: Problems with LotusNotes

Posted by ap...@bago.org.
> if I send messages to Lotus Notes via hotmail(for example),
> the attached files appear in the bottom, but if I use JAMES
> to deliver the email to Lotus Notes the attached files appear
> in the top of mail instead of the bottom and I need that they
> appear in the bottom.
>
> Does I need to change some configuration in the config.xml?
> or what can I do?

The attachment order depends on your MUA (Mail User Agent: the mail client)
and not on the MTA (Mail Transport Agent)/MDA (Mail Delivery Agent).

The mail client is responsible of the creation of a compliant MIME Message:
JAMES only moves it around and add some "Received" header on top.

Try using a different MUA to write your messages.

Stefano