Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Wordit <wo...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/26 02:03:36 UTC

Twitter with CouchDB-XO_Auth on iriscouch

I just noticed on iriscouch that the configuration variables for
Twitter authentication are present.
(see https://github.com/iriscouch/CouchDB-XO_Auth)

Does anyone know how to use the plugin? I can't find any instructions
for iriscouch.

Thanks,

Marcus

Re: Twitter with CouchDB-XO_Auth on iriscouch

Posted by Wordit <wo...@gmail.com>.
On 26 Jan 2013 09:59, "Jason Smith" <jh...@iriscouch.com> wrote:

> Hi, Marcus. Were you able to follow the instructions from the README?

No, I was lost as to how this works on iriscouch. Do I need to register an
app with Twitter? The odd thing is, there's already a consumer_key in the
config.

Can I leave the URLs as is?

client_app_uri: http://couchdb.no-ip.org:5984/_utils

redirect_uri : http://couchdb.no-ip.org:5984/_twitter

The example has this set true, but it's false in my config.
store_access_token :false

And last but not least, what URI do I use for the "login with Twitter"
button in my app?

Being unfamiliar with Twitter authentication, the readme left me with many
questions. I'd like to get it working though.

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.
Hi, Marcus. Were you able to follow the instructions from the README?

https://github.com/iriscouch/CouchDB-XO_Auth#twitter-configuration

(Note, you need to use the CouchDB /_config URLs instead of editing the
config file of course.)

I have a working Facebook example somewhere so please let me know if you
want me to dig it out. I believe it works very similarly.

--
Iris Couch