Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Chris Bates <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/28 01:04:06 UTC

odd table behavior

Today I was hacking away, and all of a sudden HBase couldn't talk to one of
my tables. By that I mean that it hung indefinitely until I killed the
process.  I was using the 0.20.3 Java API.  I switched to another table, and
my code ran fine.  I then booted up my thrift server with the problematic
table, and it worked fine.  Shell scan works fine.

I don't think there is anything wrong with 0.20.3 because I went back to
0.20.2 and I had the same problem.

I'm just completely baffled why this could happen, but if I find a solution
I will post a reply.  I'm not sure if something got corrupted while I was
working on it, but still don't know why it would show up with Thrift and
Shell.

Re: odd table behavior

Posted by Chris Bates <ch...@gmail.com>.
Well, I feel foolish for even posting this, especially since this "problem"
happened to me about 2 days ago and I already forgot the fix.

Somehow I deleted my break statement in my while loop. Agh! Everything works
fine.