Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Evelio Quiros <ev...@fiu.edu> on 2012/02/07 21:46:31 UTC

NFS in multiple VM servers

Hello,

Having a bit of a problem, and I guess it might be an assumption that I am making…

I have 8 VM servers on VCL. Each server is attached to NFS disks. These are separate NFS shares for each VM server.
I capture a base image on one server. I can reload any computer attached to that server with that image. That part is ok.

The trouble comes when I try to reload a computer attached to a different VM server. VCL complains that it cant find the base image.

I was under the impression that VCL knew where the base image resides, and transfers it to the host computer.
At least, that was what the info under "pending" said it was doing.

So, my question is…

Do the NFS shares for multiple VM servers need to be the same mount point ?
Can't I have VCL find the base image on whatever VM server it was created ?

Thanks,
Al Quiros
Florida International University

Re: NFS in multiple VM servers

Posted by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu>.
I made some updates to the following page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/VMware+Configuration

See the "Network Storage Only - No Repository" example at the bottom.
I think this is close to your environment.

-Andy

Posted by Mike Haudenschild <mi...@longsight.com>.
Hi Al,