Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luis Rodríguez Fernández <uo...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/14 15:52:38 UTC

SingleSignOn does not log debug info?

Hello there,

I am trying to enable debug for
the org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn valve. In my
${CATALINA_BASE}/conf/logging.properties I have set

java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = ALL
.../...
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.level = ALL

In my ${CATALINA_BASE}/conf/server.xml I've uncommented

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" />

After a successful authentication in one of my webapps I can see that the
JSESSIONIDSSO cookie has been created, so I would expect to see some of the
containerLog.debug(...) statements of theSingleSignOn.invoke() method.

Also If I try with org.apache.catalina.authenticator..level = ALL I can see
in my catalina.out

14-Jan-2021 16:48:23.326 FINE [main]
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.startInternal Found
SingleSignOn Valve at
SingleSignOn[StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost]]

So I see that my SSO valve has been enabled.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Luis

ps: my environment looks like this (removing folder paths for brevity):

$ ./bin/catalina.sh version
.../...
Using CLASSPATH:
.../apache-tomcat-9.0.41/bin/bootstrap.jar:.../apache-tomcat-9.0.41/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_OPTS:
Server version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.41
Server built:   Dec 3 2020 11:43:00 UTC
Server number:  9.0.41.0
OS Name:        Linux
OS Version:     4.15.0-130-generic
Architecture:   amd64
JVM Version:    1.8.0_191-b12
JVM Vendor:     Oracle Corporation

$ ps -ef | grep tomcat
.../...
...jdk1.8.0_191/bin/java
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=.../apache-tomcat-9.0.41/conf/logging.properties
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager .../...

--

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."

- Samuel Beckett

Re: Signature broken link.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 14/01/2021 18:32, My Subs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The pgp signature link for v10.0.0 seems to be broken:
>
> https://downloads.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.0.0/bin/apache-tomcat-10.0.0.tar.gz.asc
>
> I keep getting a 404 on that address.

Fixed.

Mark

Signature broken link.

Re: SingleSignOn does not log debug info?

Posted by Luis Rodríguez Fernández <uo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mark,

Thank you very much!

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].level = ALL
does the trick for me:

..../...
FINE [http-nio-8080-exec-5]
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke SSO processing
request for [/manager/html]
.../...

Cheers,

Luis