Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2012/03/25 18:39:53 UTC

Out-of-the-box Nutch indexing url source to Solr

I am just doing a simple project for my Information Retrieval class.  I am
currently using nutch to get a bunch of pages and it is indexing and storing
the parsed page to SOLR.  What I really want to do is have it store the page
source with HTML tags as well.  Is there an easy way to tell nutch to do
that?

If not, after I have my pages indexed if I want to retrieve there original
source from nutch what would be the command to do that?

Re: Out-of-the-box Nutch indexing url source to Solr

Posted by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the help!
Do you happen to know why this is failing?

/cygdrive/c/Users/me/Downloads/nutch/apache-nutch-1.4-bin/apache-nutch-1.4-bin/runtime/local
$ bin/nutch readseg -dump crawl/segments/20120325130007
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231460/fullcredits
cygpath: can't convert empty path
SegmentReader: dump segment: crawl/segments/20120325130007
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wrong FS:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231460/fullcredits/dump, expected: file:///
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.checkPath(FileSystem.java:310)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.pathToFile(RawLocalFileSystem.java:47)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:357)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumFileSystem.delete(ChecksumFileSystem.java:430)
        at
org.apache.nutch.segment.SegmentReader.dump(SegmentReader.java:231)
        at
org.apache.nutch.segment.SegmentReader.main(SegmentReader.java:564)

Re: Out-of-the-box Nutch indexing url source to Solr

Posted by remi tassing <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Try the command "bin/nutch readseg -dump"[1][2].
It reads a segment (or multiple segments) and output their content
including outlinks, html content, parsed content...

I hope it helps!

Remi

[1]:
http://www.marco.bianchi.name/myPortal/using-the-binnutch-readseg-command.aspx
[2]:  http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/bin/nutch_readseg

Posted by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Markus.

Oh and the problem I was having was I wanted to do -get instead of -dump

Re: Out-of-the-box Nutch indexing url source to Solr

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
YOu can also make a parse filter that copies the raw structure to another
field and have it indexed later by an index filter.

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex