Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Da...@lotus.com on 2000/06/02 20:07:23 UTC

Re: Xalan port to Tandem; Pathway CGI interface

The interface will take any ostream-based class, so why not use ostrstream
or ostringstream?

   // Buffer to hold the result of the transformation...
   std::ostringstream     buffer;

   XSLTResultTarget  resultTarget(&buffer);

   // Get a reference to the string that contains the result.
   std::string&      result = buffer.str();

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Dave

                    "Way, Janet"
                    <JWay@dynasty        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                    .com>                cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Xalan port to Tandem; Pathway CGI interface
                    06/02/2000
                    10:42 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

           The following issue came up for a coworker who
           has successfully ported Xalan-C to Tandem, but is
           now dealing with Pathway CGI problems.

           We use something similar to TestXSLT (process.cpp)
           to do transformations. The result of which is a stream
           or file. We need to be able to return a buffer.

           I've seen similar discussions here before (outputing
           a buffer vs. the current stream or file). Any comments?