Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by tomt <tt...@netapp.com> on 2020/01/10 18:42:07 UTC

Message catalog creation

Hello all,

This is more of a usage question after a successful configuration of broker
and other components.

Is there standard way or existing library to define fields and body
structure for particular message for either proton implementation so that a
sender and receiver each know what the other side is talking about?  I know
that a message itself can hold the definition of the message inside of it,
but I don't think that information will be used on the fly.  It seems like a
more common case would be to look at the sender is setting in the message
and do the reverse.

A single message back and for could be done in a manual fashion like I have
described, but I would think that things can get to be a headache if there
are many different message definitions that must be understood for a given
application to function, especially if you are trying to support multiple
languages.   Perhaps you define some catalog of messages in some meta
language and then generate message classes out of that?

Re: Message catalog creation

Posted by Virgilio Fornazin <vi...@gmail.com>.
Use broker exchanges for that.

amq.topic is fair enough for most situations

There were a xml exchange if I remember correctly. Not sure about that.

Posted by tomt <tt...@netapp.com>.

Posted by Virgilio Fornazin <vi...@gmail.com>.
You probably need msgpack, protobuf (and others) are what you need to look
at.

Also, think in amqp as a 'low-level message transport layer', msgpack (or
another) as 'low-level message codec layer' and develop your app without
knowing how the things are done 'under the hood'.