Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2021/11/17 10:30:02 UTC

Buildbot config - svn or git?

Hi All,

With the new Buildbot 3.x we are using, we also added the ability to host
project config files from either an SVN [1] location or GIT [2] . So now
you have a choice. Currently your modified openoffice.py config lives in
SVN, but I can easily move it to GIT - the choice is yours!

HTH

[1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot2/projects
[2] - https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-bb2

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: Buildbot config - svn or git?

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 8:30 AM Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> bumping this up again.
>
> Thanks to Peter our Linux buildbots are functional again.
>
> But the buildbot configuration is still on SVN.
>
> I would prefer it on Git. Opinions?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

Git, absolutely.

Regards
Damjan

Re: Buildbot config - svn or git?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi All,

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Am 15.06.23 um 19:07 schrieb Marcus:
> Am 15.06.23 um 10:36 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>> On 06/15/2023 9:30 AM WEST Matthias Seidel
>>> <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:
>>> Thanks to Peter our Linux buildbots are functional again.
>>
>> Thanks Peter!
>>> But the buildbot configuration is still on SVN.
>>>
>>> I would prefer it on Git. Opinions?
>>
>> +1
>> Yes, that would make sense.
>
> yes, let's move it to Git,

l have updated
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Whishlist with the
tasks and the steps I see.

Any steps I missed?

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 15.06.23 um 10:36 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>> On 06/15/2023 9:30 AM WEST Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:
>
>> Thanks to Peter our Linux buildbots are functional again.
>
> Thanks Peter!
>
>> But the buildbot configuration is still on SVN.
>>
>> I would prefer it on Git. Opinions?
>
> +1
> Yes, that would make sense.

yes, let's move it to Git,

Marcus

Re: Buildbot config - svn or git?

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi Matthias, all

> On 06/15/2023 9:30 AM WEST Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:

> Thanks to Peter our Linux buildbots are functional again.

Thanks Peter!

> But the buildbot configuration is still on SVN.
>
> I would prefer it on Git. Opinions?

+1
Yes, that would make sense.

Best,