Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Hanish Bansal <ha...@impetus.co.in> on 2015/04/07 14:33:14 UTC

Not able to create group with dot character

Hi All,

I have a user having special character dot (.) in name on linux machine e.g. "hanish.bansal". I have created same user from Ranger admin ui.

When I try to create group "hanish.bansal" from Ranger admin UI, it gives error message "Please enter valid name".

Since linux group naming convention allow dot (.) character, so same should be allowed from Ranger admin UI.

-------
Thanks & Regards,
Hanish Bansal
Software Engineer, iLabs
Impetus Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
(O) :  +91.120.4092200-2790
(M) : +91.9953399925

________________________________

RE: Not able to create group with dot character

Posted by Hanish Bansal <ha...@impetus.co.in>.
Yes sure Selvamohan.

I would be happy be to contribute to the Apache Ranger.

I have filed a JIRA for this at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-381

-------
Thanks & Regards,
Hanish Bansal