Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by SG...@intellicare.com on 2008/08/26 17:38:25 UTC

Re: Axiss2 1.2 - Problem with client calling WS behind HTTPS

Nick,

I was catching up on my axis-user mail and noticed that you hadn't received
any replies. Not sure if I can help, but some suggestions:

Does the endpoint your client is calling have the correct protocol as well
as the correct port? (e.g. HTTPS://www.mysite.com:8443/your/service/here)
Does the truststore on the client have the certificate for the CA that
signed your SSL cert? I'm still not 100% sure about this, but I think it
needs that rather than the actual SSL cert.
Have you turned on SSL debugging in your client - sometimes that provides
more of a clue: System.setProperty("javax.net.debug", "ssl");

I hope you've solved the problem and, if not, that one of these suggestions
helps.

- Steve

Steve Gruverman, Programmer
IntelliCare, Inc. | A Medco Health Solutions Company

500 Southborough Drive | South Portland ME 04106

"Nick Popov" <np...@yahoo.com> wrote on 08/17/2008 01:54:59 PM:

> I have Axis2 1.2 deployed as a part of web application on Tomcat 5.
> Tomcat configuration have HTTP and HTTPS ports configured.
> The web services are accessible via HTTP and HTTPS. For HTTPS I’m
> using self-signed cert in a store.
> I can see the WSDL for HTTPS/HTTP in IE/FF also by using  SOAPSonar.
> When I configure the client URL to point to the HTTP port everything
> is OK. But when I point to the HTTPS port I have the I get the
> following stack trace:
>
> .
> .
> .
>
> Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The server localhost failed
> to respond with a valid HTTP response
>                 at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke
> (CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:221)
>                 at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send
> (AxisEngine.java:452)
>                 at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send
> (OutInAxisOperation.java:330)
>                 at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute
> (OutInAxisOperation.java:294)
>                 at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive
> (ServiceClient.java:520)
>                 at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive
> (ServiceClient.java:500)
>                 at
> com.prosrm.common.wsclient.axis2.RPCServiceClient.invokeBlocking
> (RPCServiceClient.java:114)
>                 at com.prosrm.common.wsclient.WSClient.invoke
> (WSClient.java:128)
>                 ... 19 more
> Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The server localhost failed
> to respond with a valid HTTP response
>                 at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons

> (CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:314)
>                 at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke
> (CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:201)
>                 ... 26 more
> Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The server localhost failed
> to respond with a valid HTTP response
>                 at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:179)
>                 at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send
> (HTTPSender.java:73)
>                 at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons

> (CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:305)
>                 ... 27 more
> Caused by: org.apache.commons.httpclient.ProtocolException: The
> server localhost failed to respond with a valid HTTP response
>                 at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine
> (HttpMethodBase.java:1846)
>                 at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse
> (HttpMethodBase.java:1590)
>                 at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:995)
>                 at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry
> (HttpMethodDirector.java:397)
>                 at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod
> (HttpMethodDirector.java:170)
>                 at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:396)
>                 at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:346)
>                 at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AbstractHTTPSender.executeMethod
> (AbstractHTTPSender.java:558)
>                 at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:176)