Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Vikram Dixit K <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/06 21:07:53 UTC

Question regarding test query archive.q

Hi,

The query test - archive.q that creates and uses hadoop archives was broken
for hadoop 1.0. I have made the changes appropriately in the shims.

There is one issue however:

For archive.q test, in case of hadoop 20, the golden results seem to expect
different values for the following sequence of queries:

SELECT SUM(hash(col)) FROM (SELECT transform using 'tr "\t" "_"' AS col
FROM (SELECT * FROM old_name WHERE ds='1') subq1) subq2;
ALTER TABLE old_name RENAME TO new_name;
SELECT SUM(hash(col)) FROM (SELECT transform using 'tr "\t" "_"' AS col
FROM (SELECT * FROM new_name WHERE ds='1') subq1) subq2;

The result for the first query is 48656137 whereas after a simple rename of
the table, the golden results expect NULL. This does not make sense to me.
With my changes for 1.0, I see that the expected value of 48656137 is
returned in both cases. I would be very grateful if someone can explain the
reasoning behind expecting NULL in the case of hadoop 20.

Thanks,
Vikram.