Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by John Leveille <Jo...@sas.com> on 2000/01/24 20:42:53 UTC

session not preserved when going through Apache

Hello,

I downloaded Apache 1.3.9 and built it with mod_jserv.  Then I downloaded and built tomcat for my system (HPUX 10.20).  When I run the tomcat startup I noticed that it starts two listen tasks -- one on port 8080 that appears to be a web server and one on port 8007 that appears to be the JSP engine.

When I go through my apache server (running on port 5999) and run the tomcat examples they do not work correctly.  When I go through the server on port 8080 they do work.  I have determined the problem to be coming from the fact that when I access tomcat via Apache the session is getting recreated with each request.

Any idea why this may be happening to me?

My second question is this:  If I intend to run tomcat via Apache is there some way I can turn off the java web server running on port 8080?  I don't think I am going to need it.

Thanks,
John

--
John P. Leveille                 sasjpl@sas.com
Web Tools                        (919) 677-8000  x7025

Nature and nature's laws lay hid by night
God said "let Newton be" and all was light.   -- Alexander Pope

RE: session not preserved when going through Apache

Posted by Wolfgang Werner <ww...@picturesafe.de>.

Just comment out the configuration parts for the HTTP Server in server.xml.

Wolfgang