Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/11 18:26:24 UTC

Class and template auto-reloading in IntelliJ

Anyone have auto reloading going in IntelliJ for component classes and
templates?  I loved this about Eclipse+JettyLauncher.  No restart!

In IntelliJ, I have tomcat going under the builtin server run
configuration for an exploded directory (../out).  I've tried Make,
and that does seem to update the class files in the exploded
directory, but the functionality doesn't change.

Bill

Re: Class and template auto-reloading in IntelliJ

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Jetty 6 is not compatible with JettyLauncher.

The IDEA plug for Jetty works fine with Jetty 6.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: Class and template auto-reloading in IntelliJ

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm using the Jetty Integration plugin and it works great.  It
recompiles my code as I switch out of the IDEA frame and back to the
Firefox window. And there's an easy "redeploy" button for
non-component class changes.

I'm discussing with the author why Groovy classes are not being
compiled and included with the application, but other than that, no
worries.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone have auto reloading going in IntelliJ for component classes and
>  templates?  I loved this about Eclipse+JettyLauncher.  No restart!
>
>  In IntelliJ, I have tomcat going under the builtin server run
>  configuration for an exploded directory (../out).  I've tried Make,
>  and that does seem to update the class files in the exploded
>  directory, but the functionality doesn't change.
>
>  Bill

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: Class and template auto-reloading in IntelliJ

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.
That fixed it!

Bill

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>  >  >>>  that's why. I think you can instruct IntelliJ to build a war-file on
>  >  >>>  Make, so try that and see if it helps.
>  >  >>>
>  >  >>>  -Filip
>  >  >>>
>  >  >>>
>  >  >>>
>  >  >>>  On 2008-03-11 18:26, Bill Holloway wrote:
>  >  >>>  > Anyone have auto reloading going in IntelliJ for component classes
>  >  >>> and
>  >  >>>  > templates?  I loved this about Eclipse+JettyLauncher.  No restart!
>  >  >>>  >
>  >  >>>  > In IntelliJ, I have tomcat going under the builtin server run
>  >  >>>  > configuration for an exploded directory (../out).  I've tried Make,
>  >  >>>  > and that does seem to update the class files in the exploded
>  >  >>>  > directory, but the functionality doesn't change.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: Class and template auto-reloading in IntelliJ

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.