Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mike Ash <ma...@euronetworldwide.com> on 2002/06/05 17:25:09 UTC

Getting XML from request

I am storing xml data in the request object by using

request.setAttribute("xmlData", someObject);

I need that object back as xml in an xsp page, when I try this

xsp:request:get-attribute name="xmlData" as="xml"

it returns the "xml" as a node value instead of individual nodes.

The question is then how do I get the data into the xsp as real xml nodes
that I can use in a transformation step with xsl?

RE: Getting XML from request

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> I need that object back as xml in an xsp page, when I try this
> xsp:request:get-attribute name="xmlData" as="xml"

Correct syntax is:
<xsp-request:get-attribute name="xmlData" as="xml"/>

Result will be (IIRC):
<xsp-request:attribute name="xmlData">value of
attribute</xsp-request:attribute>

For:
<xsp-request:get-attribute name="xmlData" as="string"/>

Result will be:
value of attribute

For:
Object o = <xsp-request:get-attribute name="xmlData" as="object"/>;

Result will be assigned to object 'o'.

> The question is then how do I get the data into the xsp as
> real xml nodes that I can use in a transformation step with xsl?

What do you mean?

PS PLEASE SEND PLAIN TEXT EMAILS

Vadim