Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@relativity.yi.org> on 2000/03/11 22:24:44 UTC

ApacheCon review... and more pictures.

(sorry for the spam)

I just got back from ApacheCon.  Everything was awesome.  It was really
great to finally meet everyone I had been working with for so long :)

Some really cool things happened.  Apache 2.0 Alpha was released.  SUN
announced they will OSS their NetBeans and Forte packages (formal
announcement Monday).  There should also be an ApacheCon in London
around October... see you there!

The G3 machines running Mac OS X were really cool.  The dual
environments (once you figure out how to use it) were very responsive.
Also it was good to see ethernet everywhere.  DHCP would have been nice
though.

I also updated my pictures to include the last two days.  My laptop died
and I couldn't upload the pictures in real time.  I removed most of the
blurry pictures so the quality should be better this time.  There are a
number of pictures from the Expo and outside (so you can see what sunny
Florida looks like).
http://relativity.yi.org/ApacheCon

PS:  Thanks to whomever turned in my lost Palm V... that helped me out a
LOT!

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org