Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sanket Desai <sd...@firstgenetic.net> on 2005/01/03 19:59:03 UTC

java.lang.OutofMemory in large SOAP message

Hi Guys,

I'm using SOAP message to pass a large dataset back to the client.

Basically I've a java RowSet which I'm converting to String using
Base64Encoder & pass the encoded string back to the client. When I've
really large number of records like 5000 or so, obviously the encoded
string also will get larger.

But in such a case, I get "java.lang.OutofMemory" error on axis side.

Would anyone know if there's a limitation on SOAP message length or
something? If so, would "SOAP with attachment" help in such a case?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sanket Desai